It was founded in 1986 and now includes almost 200 singers from 9 counties and 30 Miami Valley communities. Singers range in age from 8 to 18 and are admitted to the program by audition.
All four of the choirs rehearse weekly, on Tuesday, at Wright State University Creative Arts Center.
The choir has collaborated with some of Dayton’s premier arts organizations and artists including:
- Bach Society of Dayton
- Carillon Brass
- Cynthia Gray
- Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra
- Dayton Philharmonic Youth Orchestra
- Dayton Opera
- Jim McCutcheon
- Miami Valley Symphony Orchestra
- Michael Bashaw
- Nick Page
- U.S. Air Force Band of Flight listen
- Victoria Theatre
- WSU & UD Music Departments
The upper level choirs tour nationally and internationally. Past performance highlights include:
- Touring performances in China, Canada and France
- Concert with the Hong Kong Children’s Choir
- Touring Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai and Hong Kong, China
- Mozart Festival – Salzburg, Austria
- Concert with Czech Philharmonic Children’s Chorus – Prague, Czech Republic
- Epcot Candlelight Processional with Disney Orchestra -Orlando
- Performances at Westminster Abbey and Coventry Cathedral – England
- In concert at the National Cathedral – Washington D.C.
- Touring Performances throughout Ireland, Australia, England, Wales, Germany, and Austria.
- Toured in South Africa and participated in workshops and concerts with local choirs.
- Chartres Cathedral
- St. Mark’s Basilica
Singers have also had the opportunity to share the stage with some outstanding artists, including:
- The King’s Singers
- Michael Isaacson
- Gary Sinise
- Marvin Hamlisch
- Peter Nero
- Art Garfunkel
- Brian Lane Greene
- LaVar Burton
- Natalie MacMaster
- Jim Brickman
- Felita LaRock