Dear Parents and Singers,
KCC Welcomes “Composer in Residence”
Thanks to a generous grant from the Dayton Foundation, KCC is thrilled to welcome nationally known composer Mark Burrows as our Composer in Residence for the second semester of the 2019-2020 season. He will join our choirs during three of our rehearsals to assist the singers in writing the text/lyrics for their own songs, which we will be commissioning and premiering on our Spring concert, “CommUNITY: Songs of Peace and Togetherness.” The concert will be presented on Wednesday, May 13 at the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Very exciting!
During KCC rehearsal on January 28, Mark visited from Texas and worked with the Chorus and Chorale on initial ideas for the creation of original songs for our peace and togetherness concert. What an inspiring, impactful time we had together! We are so thankful for Mister Mark, his eagerness to work on this project with us and for sharing his compositional knowledge with our singers. (And we really LOVE his red Cons.) He will be back on February 18 to work with Concert Choir and Cappella, and again on March 24 to work with all of the choirs.
3rd Annual Kettering Children’s Choir
Fundraising Gala and Auction
Get a table of friends together for the 3rd Annual KCC Fundraising Gala and Auction on Saturday, March 7, 2020, from 11:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. KCC Singers and Alumni will serenade you with delightful tunes from Broadway and beyond, this year in a brand new location – Coco’s Bistro at 250 Warren Street.
Some of the Silent auction items so far include:
- Accommodations for up to 8 people at Grand Beach Resort in Orlando, FL (June 12 to 19, 2020)
- Accomodations for up to 8 people at Sedona Summit in Sedona, AZ (June 26 to July 3, 2020)
- Tickets for 4 to a Fraze Pavilion performance of choice
- (3) 60 Minute massage at Hand and Stone
- Gift Certificates to Amazon, Best Buy, Christopher’s, Dorothy Lane Markets, First Watch, Panera, Piada, Starbucks.
Tickets are just $40 each. Please RSVP with payment by February 22, 2020 to KCC Fundraiser, 675 Garden Road, Dayton, OH 45419
Questions? Please email Ann Carbonell email@example.com
Who are we?
The Kettering Children’s Choir is a choral organization whose mission is to educate the talented young singers, ages 8 – 18, of the Miami Valley and build an appreciation for musical excellence.
Our vision is to be known throughout Ohio as a premier vocal ensemble and choral school, with structured musical training, high quality standards of artistic performance and music appreciation. Participation of a diverse population of talented school age singers is sought from throughout the Miami Valley region, offering opportunities for:
- Growth in vocal technique
- Experience and performance in ensemble choral singing at the highest artistic level
- Exposure to multi-culture repertoire as well as established literature
- Regional and international travel related to performance
- The creation of a “singing heart” in each child